How do I send you film?
- Place an order
- Decide whether to drop-off film in person or mail it in.
- DROP-OFF We offer two drop-off locations. More details HERE
- MAIL-IN Put film in a padded envelope or small box. It is also best if the film is a moisture-proof bag to prevent any damage. Packages can be shipped via any carrier (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc). However, most customers find that USPS is the most economical. Please include your name in the return address or include the order number on the outside of the package. Optionally, you can print out the PDF from your order confirmation email and include inside the package. Mail to: Boutique Film Lab – 800 Tall Oak Trl, Mount Juliet, TN 37122
Do you sell new film?
Yes, we do! It can be ordered HERE. Local customers can pick-up online orders from our Mt. Juliet dropbox.
Can you process disposable cameras?
Yes we can! These can be ordered as standard 35mm film. There is no additional charge for these cameras.
What is your turnaround time?
We are a boutique shop, so times will vary based on availability. Sometimes we will be able to able to turn around an order very fast, but sometimes it might take longer than the estimate (especially during peak wedding season). E-6, or ECN-2 film may also increase turnaround time.
- C-41 – 5 business days
- B&W / E-6 / ECN-2 – 7 business days
- Process-Only: C-41 – 3 business days | B&W/E-6/ECN-2 – 5 business Days
- Prints added to an order will ship within 1-2 days after receiving your scans
The day after the lab receives your film counts as day 1. Lab business days are Mon-Fri.
Do you offer rush turnaround?
Yes. We can offer a 2 day delivery for 50% and 1 day delivery for 100% of the order total. Select these options at checkout.
How do I receive my scans?
We deliver files via email download. All scans will be in JPG format unless TIFF is selected at checkout.
Do you offer prints?
Yes we do! We offer 3.5×5, 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10 prints on lustre paper. More details HERE
What developers do you use?
- C-41: Kodak Flexicolor
- B&W: Ilford Ilfotec RT
What file format do you use?
By default we deliver scans in JPG format @ 300dpi. However we also offer TIFF files for $20 per order. Due to large file size, we request that you provide a USB thumb drive or hard drive. Select this option at checkout.
When are upcoming lab closures?
January 18th, Martin Luther King Day
February 15th, President’s Day
May 31th, Memorial Day
July 5th, Independence Day (Observed)
September 6th, Labor Day
October 11th, Columbus Day
November 11th, Veteran’s Day
November 24th-26th, Thanksgiving
December 24th-27th, Christmas
December 31st-January 1st, New Year
Why are B&W scans more expensive?
B&W Film is not compatible with Digital ICE technology. While we try to maintain a clean working environment, dust is inevitable. Dust on scans will have to be removed manually as part of post-processing.
Additionally, each type of B&W Film has to be processed separately due to different development times.
Can you push Film?
Yes! We offer this service at no extra charge for B&W and C-41 film, and a nominal charge for E-6 and ECN-2 film. We can also pull B&W film if needed.
What scanners do you use?
We scan on the Fuji Frontier SP3000 and the Noritsu HS-1800. The Frontier offers highly sought after skin tones and gives an overall pleasing color palette. The Noritsu offers unparalleled highlight retention and can create ultra high resolution files for very large prints. Both scanners produce very nice results and the right scanner for you comes down to personal preference.
|Normal – 2000 x 3000 6.0MP||Large – 3647 x 5444 19.8MP||X-Large**– 4492 x 6744 30.3MP|
35mm Panoramic (XPAN, Widelux, etc)
|Normal – 5444 x 2055 11.2MP||Large – 8786 x 3600 31.6MP||X-Large** – 10964 x 4492 49.2MP|
|Normal – 2285 x 3035 6.9MP||Large – 3047 x 4047 12.3MP||X-Large – 3533x 4816 17.0MP|
|Normal – 3035 x 3035 9.2MP||Large – 3635 x 3635 13.2MP||X-Large** – 4800 x 4847 23.0MP|
|Normal – 3047 x 3797 11.5MP||Large – 3647 x 4547 16.5MP||X-Large** – 4800 x 5994 28.5MP|